Thursday 14 September 2017

Pacific Explorer - July 2017

From 28th. to 31st. July 2017, I cruised aboard P&O Australia's Pacific Explorer ex- Dawn Princess. The only reason I took this cruise was to see the refurbishment recently performed in Singapore when the ship was taken over and renamed. The decor was fresh, but overall I preferred the ship the way she was. As I've found with P&O Australia ships in the past, service was quite good, food was mediocre and the atmosphere around the ship was like that of a western suburbs pub. Probably good for young people and families. Not my cup of tea.

After the cruise, I stayed for two nights at the Royal Sydney Yacht Squadron at Kirribilli before joining Golden Princess on 2nd. August. A great place to stay.

Pacific Explorer sailing from Sydney on 31/7. Taken from the Royal Sydney Yacht Squadron.
Sailing from Sydney on 28/7.



 

What was the Wheelhouse Bar.


The Atrium.

The Atrium Lounge and Bar.

The area where the art sales desk was.
What was Magnums.

Seating outside the nightclub.
What was Jammers.

What was the Vista Lounge.

The Deck 8 Pizzeria
The Deck 5 restaurant. Rather canteen-ish. The deck 6 restaurant has been split down the middle into Asian and Italian themed restaurants.
What was the Patisserie Bar.
Dawn arrival back at Circular Quay.
The Royal Sydney Yacht Squadron, Kirribilli.
My room.
The view from the balcony outside my room.
One of the lounges.
Breakfast on the terrace.
A boatshed on Neutral Harbour.
Kirribilli House.
Admiralty House.

No comments:

Post a Comment