Monday 26 December 2016

Caribbean Princess - November 2016

I joined Caribbean Princess in Fort Lauderdale on 27th. November for a six day Western Caribbean cruise. The ship is very similar to Golden Princess which, overall, I prefer but of course I had a great time as always.



After disembarking from Royal Princess on 26th. November, I checked into the Fort Lauderdale Hilton hotel for the night. It's a comfortable hotel with a great beer garden and as most guests are people joining cruise ships the next day it has a festive atmosphere.





Eurodam sailing that afternoon.

Caribbean Princess just arrived from her previous cruise 27th. November.

Regal Princess just berthed.

Two of the usual Sunday array of cruise ships, taken from Caribbean Princess.


Sailing from Fort Lauderdale.


Some much appreciated welcome gifts. The Chilean chardonnay was delicious.

Arriving at the island of Roatan, Honduras. One of the seaman preparing the forward spring heaving line.
Carnival Sunshine already alongside.
Taken from the chairlift to the beach.






Carnival Sunshine preparing to sail.
Me with the Captain on the bridge, at anchor off Belize. I was preparing to do a magnetic compass adjustment after sailing.

 

The 'on board status' display on the bridge.

After departure from Belize.

At Cozumel, Mexico,

 

A couple of classy fellow passengers.


In the ship's atrium.

A surprise delivery of cheese and crackers to my cabin. I don't know how many people they thought I was feeding.



1 comment: